Digicel Prepaid Roaming
WHAT IS PREPAID ROAMING
Prepaid Roaming is a premium service offered by Digicel allowing its customers to make and receive calls, send and receive SMS while outside their home network.
HOW DO I USE THE PREPAID ROAMING SERVICE
How do I activate the service?
- All Digicel prepaid accounts are pre-provisioned for roaming. There is no need to contact customer care for activation.
Prior to roaming is there anything that is recommended?
- The customer must have an active prepaid Digicel account
- Ensure handset charger is compatible with the requirements of visiting country
- Top-up the account before leaving with sufficient credit
- If roaming in the USA, USVI or Puerto Rico - Activate the Roam Like Yuh Home USA plan.
What do I do once I arrive in the visiting country?
- Turn on the handset. Most handsets should automatically update to the strongest available network. (If not, you can manually select the preferred network by choosing the manual search mode from the Network Settings option in the handset.)
How do I receive a call/SMS while roaming?
- Receiving a call on a visited network will be the same as receiving a call on the home network.
- A party calling from your home country dials your seven digit number as usual and the call gets routed through your home network to the visited network. There are no extra charges incurred by the calling party.
- When a message is sent to you while roaming, it can be located in the inbox of the messages section of the handset. To receive a message is FREE!
How do I make a call/send a message while roaming?
- This procedure is slightly different from the norm. All numbers should be dialed using the international dialing format. For instance to call Barbados (even where this is the home network) +1246 must be placed before the seven digit number.
- To send a message:
- Type the message from the handset's new message option.
- Select send and enter the recipient's number using the format as stated above.
I now need to top-up my account, how do I do this?
In an effort to afford you every facility to make the prepaid roaming as seamless as possible, Digicel provides numerous options for recharging your account.
- The first such option would be "Digicel Online Top Up". Simply log on to the digicelBarbados website , select the service Online Top Up and follow the simple instructions.
- Purchase your e-vouchers while in Barbados and top-up while abroad.
- Local vouchers can be applied via our service by dialing *121* Voucher number# send.
Will there be a special way to check my balance while roaming?
- While roaming, when the need arises to do a "flex check", the following option is available:
- USSD - Simply press *120# and send as usual and you will be given a balance update on the screen of your phone.
What will happen if my balance is too low to make/receive a call?
If your balance is below the required amount for making a call and you try to call someone, you will hear a "low balance" tone and the call will not go through, once you top-up again, you will regain the services of you phone.
If someone tries to call you while your balance is too low, the call will not be connected.